(Late) Typographic Tuesday!!!

design further


Sorry about being late guys! We were out of town for Father’s Day, and well, my brain never works right post-vacation.

Now, our Typographic Tuesday piece is a very popular comic (at least in my circle of Type Nerds) from http://www.XKCD.com

Who knows what kerning is? Yep, kerning is the space between two letter forms. Try not to confuse it with tracking, which is the space between three or more letterforms. Kerning is used to make a nicer visual shape for a word or words, by allowing the perceived whitespace between each pair of letterforms as roughly equal. Tracking is mainly used to create a nice look on a paragraph or line. I know I tend to use it in book design so that my copy flows well.

Designers are kerning nuts. We might as well face it. If you ever see a person looking a little twitchy while staring…

View original post 334 more words


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s